The Kapiti coast, north of Wellington, is faced with one of the government's "roads of significance", due to be bulldozed through the district despite a more logical, less expensive & community-friendly alternative.
Locals want their rail services & stations upgraded.
"Save Kapiti" has called for a protest rally at Parliament, Wellington on Wednesday 6 July from midday.
JOIN US TO MARCH OR MEET US AT THE STATION:
9AM: RED HOUSE CAFÉ, TE HORO
9:30AM: MELT CAFÉ, WAIKANAE TE RA SCHOOL, RAUMATI
10AM: KCDC, PARAPARAUMU WHAKARONGOTAI MARAE, WAIKANAE
11AM: WAIKANAE STATION PARAPARAUMU STATION PAEKAKARIKI STATION
12PM: PARLIAMENT GROUNDS, WELLINGTON
(AND 10AM BASIN RESERVE, HATAITAI FOR THOSE OF YOU JOINING US IN WELLINGTON)
• Roads of National Significance (RoNS) – roads built for trucks, not for Kiwis
• Decisions made without honest public consultation
• Built with borrowed money funded by State Assets?
• There are proven safer, more efficient solutions
• Join over 4000 petition signers for a March on Parliament
TO FIND OUT HOW TO BOOK OR FOR MORE INFORMATION email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 021 641 123
And don’t forget to ‘vote with your vote’ - Vote against the expressway at the November election.
Check out the website: www.savekapiti.co.nz